Saturday, October 14, 2006

I SIMPLY LOVED THESE

I may not be an avid reader, but then there are those moments in life when a book in hand brings so much of peace to the heart... Here are some of the sentences, and phrases from some of the books I have read and which had a profound impact on me. I don’t know whether they gave me the right notion about things, since I am a person who is never sure of anything. That’s what life has taught me. Never expect anything and in case you do, don’t be so sure of it... Anyways, here I go…

Paulo Coelho in his book ‘The zahir’ says,
‘History will never change because of politics or conquests or theories or wars; that’s mere repetition, it’s been going on since the beginning of time. History will only change when we are able to use the energy of love, just as we use the energy of the wind, the seas, the storm… “

It’s Paulo Coelho again in ‘The devil and Miss Prym’,
“Evil needed to manifest itself, for them to understand the value of Good. Just as the traitor in the Bible, soon after betraying Jesus, understood what he had done, so the people… “

I just can’t seem to be able to leave Paulo Coelho’s sentences. Hey… he might be writing on paper, but then his words are manifested as if by magic, directly to the hearts of the readers… he says in ‘The Alchemist’,
“Everything in life is an omen. There is a universal language, understood by everybody, but already forgotten…”

And maybe I should read more of other authors, because I am haunted by what I read of Paulo Coelho. But then, he is not the only person. There is Norman Vincent Peale, the father of positive thinking. All his books seem to have so much in them which we know we should accept and which we feel, we understand, but do neither, like most other things in life…

A thought can ruin you. But a thought can also make u.
The one person who most blocks you from a full, happy and successful life is ‘you’. Yes. You yourself.
It is utterly pathetic to go through life and never be moved, never excited, never enthusiastic, but always remaining listless. To be turned off and empty is surely to deny oneself the exquisite joy possible to a human being in the all too short span of years most of us have.
The creative power of enthusiasm will manifest itself through your body, mind and spirit to enhance your life.

Hey... Aren’t these real good? Can’t one relate oneself to some instances when they go through these sentences? It might be something they already know, but being able to relate it gives a good feeling… doesn’t it???

And then there was this sentence which I came across in my Software Engineering book,
“The external manifestation of an error is not directly related to its internal cause in most cases…”
The author must have meant about the errors in the software concept, but I found an application for this in almost all the problems I see around me, and in me. Usually, the cause for a problem will be entirely different from the way it is being projected. I just loved it (though I found it entirely by chance. It happened to be the first sentence in one of the few pages I have ever taken the pains of reading!!!)

Let me wind this up with a small quote, which I have accepted as my rule of life,
“Enjoy the little things for one day you may look back and realize they were big things…”

No comments: