Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sleeping with Mommy

I am almost ten months old and I lovvve sleeping with mommy. How could they even think that I will sleep alone in my crib where monsters have direct access to me? This way, they have to fight through snoring daddy and drooling mommy to get to me! And trust me, they seem to wake up pretty fast. All I have to do is stick my finger up daddy's nose or pull a lil strand of mommy hair and they stir. Surely, monsters will be much more tough on them! And that means that I will be much more safe.

Moreover in a crib, I spend atleast 30 minutes crying and then some time playing with that Dino who can only sing the alphabet song in every nap schedule. And in mommy-daddy's bed, I wake up to grumpy faces trying their absolute best to put me back to sleep. I cant help but smile and play at that. Well, who can blame me for that?

The best part is that this bed is much more softer and has no rails that makes it like a prison. And the pillows. Ohh, the pillows and cushion-y soft comforters. Wowie.

It was just yesterday that I kissed daddy awake. He kept telling mommy that I licked him awake at 5. But hey, that guy doesn't know everything. He still has facial hair which I know for a fact falls off as you grow up!

But there are cons to this whole adjustment - mommy just doesn't stay still. All I ask her for is to not move through the night. But does she listen? Ohh God, no. She keeps moving her hands and turning around and sometimes even breathes into my neck.  And then complains about me in the morning.Trust me, I am the troubled one here. Once I figure out rolling my tongue and saying those words aloud - they will know. I should infact add this to the list of a million things I have already jotted down to tell them then! They better watch out for that day!!!

Well - what more can I say? Even with the pokes that come my way, I love cuddling upto my folks and the feeling of being far-far away from under-the-bed-monsters. I will move one day to a bed of my own. But until then, probably a few years, I need a lot of kisses and hugs at night mommy-daddy. Love ya...

-Adi Kuttan

5 comments:

ReX said...

Perspective!!! Nice.. May he grow up to slam dunk u at blogging!!! God bless..

ReX said...

Perspective!!! Nice.. May he grow up to slam dunk u at blogging!!! God bless..

Sree said...

:) Adikutta, ummmmmmmmmmmmma :)

Nithesh said...

Adikkuttan njangale kurichu enthanavo chindikkunnundaavuka ! :)

Nithesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.