Sunday, July 05, 2009

11:00 AM - 12:40 PM - At PES

(Before you begin reading, let me tell you, this is an extract from my notebook, I had written this in paper and pen, and am simply typing it out now)

There are times when people talk nonsense(or so it seems to us), and we are forced to listen. Well.. things are not that bad here right now. 'Coz am at liberty to write/read/play as long as I dont disturb the class. Yes, Mahesh Sir is at class talking about something called 'Deterministic Finite Automata'! And OMG, Rohan is asking doubts, breaking all my confidence that not a single soul understands what is going on. What do I say now, other than just remark to myself 'Puli Puli'!

And to my left, Simi has come to conclusion that she is fighting a losing battle by trying to concentrate, and probably that she is stressing herself too much by trying to do so, and have closed her book. And to my right, Sumi and Sree are talking about critical issues of the world (read, gossip in whispers). And hey, Sir just asked whether we have any doubts, and can you guess what a girl asked?, "Sir, what is it that we are trying to study in this subject?!"... Well, am impressed, though am not sure what the professor's feelings could have been. She is atleast trying to motivate herself, even if not about the topic in hand(I mean, Sir's hand ;), then atleast about the subject in question... Quite an improvement, I say.

If I look out of the window, I can see a small fragment of the Bangalore-Mysore road, where people and vehicles are buzzing around to reach their destination, least worried about the Tuning machines.

Okay.. turning my attention back to class(rather the people in the class), Mr. Kundithaputhran is busily(n seriously) taking down notes of god knows what, the Tamil girl with a yellow rose on her hair(Forgive me, a lil bad at remembering names) is catching up with her lost sleep, Srinivas is thinking, probably about how many additional features he can add to the existing tuning machines, and yeah, I think that Vineetha's wedding is fixed, she has her hand on her chin and is thinking very deeply.

Oops. Roll call. Let me listen, if I miss this, then the whole point of travelling that short distance from Hebbal to Banashankari is all lost.

After 5 mins:
People around me have all woken up(they dont mind waking upto attendance), and things are back to that normal, subdued mode. Simi has gone undercover, yup, on phone and under the desk(well, she can fit in there perfectly, much to my jealousy).

Nearing end of class:
Sorry, had switched myself on listen mode. Gotta do it sometimes, you see. Problems of being a student, have to put in a lot of effort :( )
And hoorah.. lunch break!!! Bubbye

3 comments:

Keshav Prashanth said...

Nice one... Was a good read... :-)

Sarun George said...

Adipoli, I felt like sitting in the class once again..

ReX said...

Yeah..Try saying it from inside class!!! "ennaalaanu nee Puli"