Sunday, July 12, 2009

Vandu's Day Out

This was a weekend I had been looking forward to for a long while, though for different reasons. We had planned an outing to Chikmagalur, and I was too very excited. But then coz of internal and external issues within the team, it was just the guys who were going. This decision came in quite late, on Wednesday, and I was left with no time to get tickets to go home. On Thursday, I got to know that my college friends were going to Chennai, and then, that too was late, to get all approvals inplace (well.. being a girl IS hard!). And we decided (me, Lisha n Surya) to go out on Sunday.

It all began on Saturday early morning journey to the fish market, and then looong hours of cooking almost 6 dishes (well, I wanted Lisha to learn the art of cookery, so I was, u know, just guiding her on how to go about stuff :). And after a delicious, lip-smacking lunch (Rice, Curd curry, Fish fry, Fish Curry, Beans, Cauliflower masala, Salad, n Gulab Jamun for dessert), I decided to give myself a good break, and started off reading a book which I recently got my hands on (Witch of Portbello - Paulo Coelho). And in the evening once Surya joined us, we went off to Kammannahalli, and were window-shopping for a long while, and yeah, I did pick up a movie for Achan.After that came the dinner time, and catching up with a lot of news with Surya. Sorry, I don't remember when I drifted off to sleep, but am quite sure that it was well after 12, coz I remember setting my alarm up for the next day.

And today, my day started at 6:30, when the 3 of us got ready for Bannerghatta National Park, with a bag stuffed with food for lunch(we had heard from a good number of people that it's better to carry food, since you don't get much of good solid food there). And well, we started off!

We went to Majestic and then caught a bus to Bannerghatta, and dashed off straight for the Grand Safari(which was a good decision, I think, considering how longer the queue was later in the day). We first passed through herds of deers, and then to Bear Park. If you ask me how a beer looks like now, I would probably say that its verrrry cute like a dog, with a face very similar to a pig. Well, thats how I feel, and if you think that my description is wrong lemme ask you 'have you heard about the freedom of thoughts and expresssion?'


And after that we went along the place where lions are. There were a couple of them playing around ,and that made me think of Alex(Yes, from Madagascar!). Only thing am sad about is the fact that these lions chose the right side of the forest to play along, and we were sitting on the left side of the bus. Boo hoo... :(

And ho! Tiger Park.. Puliiiis, and so many of them. Boy, wasn't I happy? Those big, wilg cats, are, well.. there's no other way to put it, just magnificent. They were so very beautiful, and I actually did not bother to take their photographs, I just wanted that picture to etch into my memory right from my eyes.



After the Safari, we came back to the zoo and walked around watching monkeys, deers, antelopes, peacocks, hippo (like Gloria, agn from Madagascar!), zebra(shall I say Marty? ;), elephants and what not. We had our lunch there at the park, and started our journey back.

Once we reached Majestic though, there was a slight change of plans, We decided to go to ISKCON temple. At ISKCON, there was a long queue to be followed, and a man in white asked us whether we would like to get onto a priority 1 queue(forgive me for talkin like a software engg), where we can go directly and pray. Being brought up in a culture where we were taught to endure hardships to worship, we declined, and stood on the queue for 'aam-aadmi'. Though I felt it was commercialization of I don't know what, I loved the place, for the sheer bauty of it!



And then, it was time for us to come back home, and after dropping Surya at her place(not by Merc, by auto), we both came home. And now after a refreshing hot water bath, and a piping hot cup of tea, I sit to surf, to connect to the world outside not by the smell of soil, but by a giant web called the Internet!!!

6 comments:

Ruh-u meyyit said...

Greetings from Turkey.Have a nice day.

ReX said...

Well..The internal politics always stay!! good to see that you still had a beautiful weekend!!!

Destiny's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReX said...

Adi Poli Sugesstion!!! vandana.. Wat do u say?

Simi Jayaprakash said...

Enne kondu poyilla :(
atha njan Harry potter kaanan kondu povathirunne :D

Unknown said...

Namaskaaram.. i may not call u n ask u...bt still i would like to know ur "visheshams"... :)