Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Me and Aircrafts!!!

You must be wondering what is with the title, well, let me explain.. I am trying to describe the various feelings that aircrafts have brought to my life..

Admiration for my creative self:
This was the feeling I used to experience every time I tear old papers and make aeroplanes which zooms around the room :)

Excitement:
As you can very well guess, this was the feeling I experienced the most when I was about to get into a flight from Coimbatore to Hyderabad, my first ever flight, the one which I was looking forward to, as excited as one can be... The scene I had imagined was verrry different from the one I experienced. I had imagined an airport where as soon as I check-in, I would see a lot of pilots and air-hostesses/stewards walking busily and men in suits cluttered all around, buses parked to take the travelers to their respective flights and what not(yes, you are right, just the stuff we see in movies and read about, but then that was my only source of information!). And for those who have not seen the airport at Coimbatore, let me just explain, as soon as you check-in, you need to walk(just like how you walk in Majestic, but not that long a walk), and find your flight. These will be parked on a side(am not sure whether 'park' is the right word, but I do not know of a better one), and you get onto it. N lo, its done, you are boarded. Its as simple as that - no complications at all!!! But I was nevertheless excited and it lasted until I we neared Hyderabad where I could see Buddha's statue from the altitude. That was really great and it soon gave way to another feeling:

Fear:
As the steward announced us to wear seat-belts, we were told of a small delay. At first, I was excited again at the prospect of flying for a few more minutes, but after that bad thoughts started coming in giving way to fear(just like they always do), and I was wondering of what would have happened causing this disturbance. I just wanted to touch the ground then, and ofcourse, I wanted to be touch the ground safely unlike the way the thoughts which were haunting me then were hinting.

Relief:
Well, this was just a matter of few seconds when we descended and the big bird stopped properly, and then someone explained that we were circling the airport owing to congestion(this was at the earlier Begumpet airport). And the airport this time was very much similar to the ones in my imagination with airport buses and everything (only thing was that I wanted to be out!)

Sorrow:
This is an altogether different incident, something most of us would have experienced when people close to us take a flight and we feel that we are left behind, again. When little Sona turned around and said 'tata', I felt that there was no grief greater than that..

Grrrrr feeling:
This was on another trip from Hyderabad. I had my leg plastered then(owing to a Masala Dosa at Google, but that's an altogether different story), and was checking in when the lady at the counter asked me why I had not booked my ticket mentioning "handicapped" since that would have fetched me a discounted rate. I was already very much cross over a Masala Dosa, and this dialogue was too much for me to take in then. It was very much a "grrrrrrrrr" feeling I experienced then(hope you understand what it means :)

And yeah, excitement on someone else missing a flight:
Yeah, that's actually great you know, when a close friend misses his flight and decides to spend the day with you. Not sure how many would have experienced this, but I just lovvvved it(not so sure about him, he paid for it ;)

Anxiety:
And this is the reason for my blogging today. I am anxiously waiting for a flight to arrive, after getting all approvals in place. It's an official trip, but then I definitely don't care :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

kollaaam...i liked d grrr feelin.... heeheeeeee

Destiny's Child said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Destiny's Child said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GB said...

So has the flight finally landed

ReX said...

Paavam rakesh... :)